Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday mumblings

So, I am sitting here at my computer in my "never-done yoga" yoga pants, and black tank top reflecting on my day, and things happening around me. I mowed today. The entire yard. It was 75 degrees out, and beautiful, and the GIANT yard just sat there, calling my name. So, I went. And as I mowed, I got this amazing satisfaction, knowing that this would be the VERY last time I would EVER have to mow this particular yard. We move in 23 days, not that I am counting...

Fox news is on the tv in the background, and the current news is all about Nancy Pelosi putting in a bid for House minority leader. I realize that it is 8:43, and remember that I havent eaten supper yet. But, I had such a late lunch, that I am not sure that I care. I am enjoying a Hy-Vee grape pop.

Life seems great in the mundane tonight. I just read my friend's blog about her new baby boy, and it makes me yearn, yes yearn, to hold my new baby son, when the time is right of course. I wonder how it will go down, the ol' labor/delivery thing. #5, and I am still scared, I still re-read all of the books about childbirth. Funny how things go.

I need to pack or do laundry or something, but I love the bliss of hanging out in the same room as my husband, and just doing nothing. I like brainless activity. I especially enjoy it with some downtime after the kids are in bed, and I can just zone in front of the tv.

MMMM... grape pop, a good change up from my normal cola.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I saw your comment on Aubrey's & wiggled my way over here to enjoy. I'm so excited for your new house, too! I have a couple more diaper boxes to send your way...

    ReplyDelete